Today I'm participating in the first writing prompt by Tattoos and Teething Rings. I figured it would be a good way to keep me updating. I guess sometimes I like being told what to write about.
Well, my options are either "What is the worst date you've ever been on?" or "How did you meet your boyfriend?" Well, I already told mine and Steve's story (if you haven't read it, it's up in my pages), but I've also never really had a bad date. I went to the movies with my boyfriend in 7th grade, where his friend got us to kiss (for the first time, in front of his friend, really?). I met a guy on myspace and later went on a date with him, but that was a pretty cute date- Panda Express, ice cream, park. So, I've never really had a bad date.
So I guess I'll do the full story of how Steve and I met. I do have some pretty hilarious pictures of him from then... but they are on my broken phone. Damn.
I guess this is one of those stories that you have to just laugh about and be glad they had a good outcome.
So here's the story. It starts my freshman year. I was into the local band scene and would go to 'shows' all the time. (Shows=concerts, but you know... local bands) One of these was pretty shortly after I broke up with a boyfriend. I went out with my friends to get over it, or something, so there we were, hanging out on this hill outside, and Scott was there. Scott is Steve's brother, but at the time he was just a guy in the same group as me, who was also kind of friends with my sister. So we all decided to play spin the bottle (well, cellphone), and I ended up kissing Scott. Awkward. Later on in the night he asked me to be his girlfriend, and I declined. Oh, high school. Looking back, this is all so ridiculous to me. So after that, we were able to just be friends. It wasn't weird, and I never really thought much about it.
Fast forward to junior year. I was getting over my 'bad phase', and stopped hanging out with most of my friends. This meant that I pretty much didn't talk to anyone the first month or so of my junior year. Wow, I'm so cool. So, I got sick of it, and one day I saw Scott, and was hanging out with him and his friends every day after that. We became really good friends, and pretty soon people could tell we were interested in each other. It was pretty much a "when" rather than "if" we started dating.
I know, I'm embarrassed admitting it.
So, since this is high school, there has to be drama right? Of course right.
While I was becoming closer to Scott, I was also becoming really good friends with his ex-girlfriend, Mandi. Silly me thought this wouldn't be any problem. Long story short, when I started becoming un-interested in Scott, he blamed Mandi. I kind of flipped out on him, saying how it had nothing to do with Mandi, and how dare he talk to my friend that way, and that REALLY made me sure I didn't want to be with him.
Oy vey.
As I started losing interest in Scott, I started to notice his brother. I know... I couldn't go 5 seconds without wanting a guy. All the while my 'whatever' thing with Scott was developing, I started being friends with his brother Steve. Somehow, Steve was just Scott's brother. Woops, my mistake. Anyhow, I eventually became sane, and I've been in love with the guy ever since.
The good things that came out of this?
Well, Steve, obviously.
I gained an awesome friend, Lauren. (Another girlfriend of the group)
Scott and I stayed good friends.
The knowledge that Steve thinks I'm awesome enough to ignore that I kissed his brother... twice.
Yeah... I like to pretend that didn't happen.


LOL. Oh thats a story for the grandkids!
ReplyDeleteI have ALWAYS had the problem of not being able to be single. Obviously now it's pretty over and done with but back in HS and college it was a different story. I've been single for a month- a MONTH since I was 14. Nope, I did not waste my time. So don't feel weird or anything. =]
ReplyDelete