March 12, 2010

L is for the way you look at me...

Things I plan to post about: my anxiety and my graduation. I need an upper post right now, and I don't have my graduation pictures yet. So here's a mushy post.

*disclaimer* This is super sappy. If you don't like that, or it makes you gag, that sucks.


One of the things I really love about Steve is how he knows everything. There is rarely a time that he can't answer a question I have. He knows everything about cars. He knows random facts. He knows a lot about history. I think he really loves learning things. He watches the History Channel, and How Things Are Made, all of that. And then he remembers everything he saw. When he left for boot camp, I had to return a library book for him. It was about relativity. He got it because he thought it looked interesting.

The other day I told him that I missed that, and then asked him a string of the most ridiculous questions. He laughed, called me cute, and then answered all of them.

I guess one of the reasons I love it so much is because it's part of the reason I know he can take care of me. I grew up with my dad as the main example of what a husband should be, and it definately formed what I expect a man to be. My dad was always the one doing "man jobs", and I always wanted someone who can do that too. Someone who can build things, do the yardwork, fix the car, all of that. It isn't just about doing stuff either. A lot of it is the mindset that he has. He's a provider. He takes care of people. He's a problem fixer.

Yeah, I love Steve a lot.

I wrote this letter to him 2/13/2009
Steve-

I just thought this would be a pretty good time to tell you just how amazing you are. You see, when say things like no one is cooler than you, I'm completely serious. You are the greatest person I've ever known and I can't imagine how empty my life would be without you in it. I love you so much.
I'm so proud of you for what you have done. When you first told me you wanted to be in the military, I was shocked. I didn't think it fit you. Now, seeing you here, I was absolutely wrong. I'm so happy that you like it so much. I've never met anyone like you. You are good at every single thing you try.
Everything about you makes me so happy. Being here in Texas has made me realize how much I miss just holding your hand, kissing your cheek, and feeling your skin. No one else means what you do to me.
I'm so happy that I get to see you all day tomorrow. I hope the next two days don't fly by. I want to get all the time with you that I can.
I love you Steve. More than I've ever loved anyone.

2 comments:

  1. I love stuff like that too. My dad was the same way and I love it that even if Nick doesn't know how to do something, he's always willing to learn and can pick things up pretty quickly. God knows this girl needs a man who knows his stuff. =]

    ReplyDelete