I got my graduation pictures today! My brother in law has a photography business, so he took pictures, edited them, and uploaded them to his website, so it took a bit for me to get them. I'm going to do a seperate post with the pictures I took with my teachers and friends. That one will be more of a 'my beauty school experience'. I can't corrupt my graduation post.
This is my station, decorated by my mom and sister (she's the one in the picture above).
Graduation station, graduation outfit.
I got to wear color, jeans, and opened toed shoes. Woo! By the way, the reason that is exciting is because our dresscode is black and white, closed shoes.
So anyway, graduations at my school aren't a huge deal. You get to get free services done, which is really nice. I got a manicure and pedicure, and then Stephanie styled my hair. I didn't really need anything else done, and I didn't want to pack too many things into my day.
This really isn't a great picture of any of us, but I still like it.
Aside from getting services done, you get to wear your graduation outfit a few hours before you graduate, then at the time of the graduation, you get called into the directors office.
They don't really do anything in there, but ask if you have any questions or need anything. While you're in there, everyone comes out from the classrooms and from doing clients and line up and start cheering, then you walk down the row of people, they cheer, there's usually cake. Not too much, but just graduating is enough.
Oh, did I mention that my mom brought TONS of confetti and silly string? Yeah.
Ok, so this isn't a great picture, but it's funny. This was me spitting out a mouthful of confetti. This stuff got everywhere. I'm pretty sure I ate some. It also stuck to my chest.
Oh, and one of my teachers thought it would be a good idea to shove some down my sister's shirt... I'm so proud of Bri for holding her composure. She just made threats later after we left.
Oh man. I did it. I graduated.
A lot of people were asking me all day if I was SOOOO excited, and of course I was, but I wasn't hyped up all day. It was just another day, except I was graduating. Well, it hit me a little harder when I was in the directors office. My heart was going a million miles an hour, I felt a little shaky. It was so good to finally know that I was done. I did what I've wanted to do for years.
And now I get to have a career that I love. Something that I went to school for, studied for, worked my ass off for.
There are a few more things I could include in the post. How I couldn't even get through my graduation day without people trying to start chick-drama. How my hours got messed up, so I had to stay an hour after my graduation. Just little crappy things from the day, but those things don't matter, they aren't the things I want to remember about this.
Like I said in the beginning, I want to do a post about my experience in school, the people, all of that. But that is going to have the bad things as well as the good things, so I guess this is it for my graduation!









Congrats on graduating! If you ever end up close to me, I would love to have a stylist close by!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! You look fabulous :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your big day! That's an exciting step. I think if I ever graduate from school I'll feel like an actual adult and not a kid trying to be an adult. :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on graduating! The confetti picture made me laugh a lot, but you look gorgeous spitting it out! ;)
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I think it's best to forget the crappy stuff too. My HS grad. could have been ruined if I cared that a student who was denied walking tried to mess things up but guess what? Who cares?! Grad. is still grad. =]
ReplyDeleteCongrats on graduating. I stopped by from Write On!
ReplyDelete