February 8, 2010

The Dating Game

When I was in 6th grade I moved from AZ to MT. My dad’s family was in MT, but I didn’t know anyone there my age. I started school in the middle of the school year. They “assigned” me to another girl, so I would have someone to show me around, help me meet people, and all of that. Anyway, I quickly became friends with her friends, and a few of them decided that I should have a boyfriend, since I hadn’t had one before. Since this was the world of complex dating, they picked the guy for me, only wanting to know if I thought he was cute. His name was Garrett, he was super cute, and one of the most popular guys in our grade. I would stand by the field during lunch while he played football, and then he’d call me every night. Big romance, I know.




So, three weeks later, I’m informed by two girls that he’s breaking up with me. This was right before Christmas break. That night I told my mom I had a boyfriend and needed to get him a Christmas present. I got him a box of chocolates, and gave it to him the next day in PE, saying that I already had it, so I figured I would give it to him.



Yeah, I was smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment