February 13, 2010

Our Story Part II

See Our Story Part I

Anyway, it was getting to the point where I was ok being alone. I still missed him, but I could deal with it. We still talked all of the time and he was my best friend. Next thing I knew, it was time for me to graduate high school. His brother, Scott, and Lauren were my closest friends. We set it up so Lauren and (her now ex boyfriend, but still good friend) Dylan would walk together, and Scott and I would be right behind them. I got my dress, got my shoes, all of that. I was so excited to finally be done with high school!

So the day of my graduation was finally here! It was in a local hockey/event stadium, which was cool. I remember walking out, holding Scott's wrist with a death grip, since my heels kept slipping on the floor. I looked in the first row, and saw Steve, for the first time in 6 months. Oh my gosh. It all rushed right back, every feeling that I had held down. After graduation, Lauren was going to go to my house to get ready for the grad night party. We went outside to her car, and it was super cold and raining. We passed by Scott and Steve in the parking lot, and as I stood there shivering in my dress, I told Steve his jacket looked really warm. He said, "Yeah, it is." and walked away. What a charmer.

So eventually it worked out (I think it was Lauren's doing) that Steve went to our grad night party. I knew right thten that we would end up together again. We stayed at the party until it ended, at 3am. I'll just say, I have no interest in hypnotists. But I sure stayed and watched. After the party, me, Steve, and Lauren went to Denny's, until finally going home at about 4 or 5 in the morning.

The next day, we made plans to hang out soon.




So once we finally fit our plans together to hang out, I went over to his house, and I brought Juno and The Notebook. We ended up watching The Notebook, then Juno, and then A Goofy movie. Being me, I started a tickle fight, which resulted in us wrestling all over the bed. Eventually, I got him pinned, we had a movie-worthy-moment of eye contact, and then he leaned up an kissed me. That kiss changed my life.

Our relationship started out slow, but once it started to get serious, it took off from there.







No comments:

Post a Comment