January 4, 2011

Blegh.

So today I went down to the base to get my ID and all that paperwork set up. Steve was only alive 5 days after we were married. He went back up to his base on Saturday, and died on Monday. He would have done everything on Monday, but the base was mostly closed down because of the snow. SO, I got to do it all today.

It was actually really nice to be on a base. It felt like home. It's where I should be. I got to show my dad the BX and commisary, which aren't impressive, but their part of the whole military culture. It was nice to show something that was meant to be part of my life.

I think the most important thing I need to share, is that the lady we've been working with through the casualty assistance office is AWESOME.

3 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you're getting the assistance you need, and feeling more at ease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm REALLY glad to hear that you're getting the treatment you deserve and that you got to feel connected to the life you were suppose to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you got to show your dad the base. I am so thankful that the Casual Assistance Officer has been so great. Praying that will continue and that everything will work out as it should. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete