January 7, 2011

Back to Work.

Tomorrow is my first day back to work. I don't know how it is going to go. I just don't want "the look" that people are going to give me. I guess not that many people know, and those who do know were told not to talk to me about it. We'll see how that's going to go.


I also got the official hire on a hair stylist job I applied for in November. Now I need advice.

Taking on a brand new full time job three weeks after my husband died is crazy, right?

5 comments:

  1. Maybe, but if you're the type of person who does better with distraction when you're in pain this might just be the thing for you. But if you're the type of person where you're not sure you're even going to handle the job you have now, then no, don't take it. I would explain what happened to them though, and tell them that you are still interested at a later date once you've sorted things out a bit if they have another opening.
    I'm sure you'll make whatever choice is best for you hun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it is better to start brand new.. with a brand new job. That's just my thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that maybe this job will be a good distraction or something to brighten things up a bit right now. But it's true - you know what is best for you. I'm excited at the prospect...

    ReplyDelete
  4. a little crazy, but also maybe good. like others have said, it could be a welcome distraction. don't put too much pressure on yourself though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I just found your blog, not sure how...I am an Army wife and I cannot even imagine what you are going through. Professionaly I can, I am a therapist, but truely, honestly, as a wife of a soldier, I cannot. For some, taking on such a huge responsibility (the new job) would be too much. Give it a try, if it is too much say thanks but no thanks, I'm out.

    You need to grieve. You don't need to move on just yet, you don't have to move on just yet. You can sit in the moment and grieve. You get that right. You get to take as much time as you need, and you get to go through each stage as often as you need. Please, seek out a professional if you haven't already. You are a widow dependent so you have all the rights and privilages....99 sessions with an MFT (Marriage and Family Therapist). you don't need a referral, just call one (an MFT) and go, if you want. It could help.

    I hope I haven't said too much... heart breaks for you. God bless!

    ReplyDelete