July 27, 2010

Dun...dun dun dun.. duuuun [My sad attempt at suspense music}

So, I haven't written about this because I don't want to jinx it by getting too excited, but I'm way past that. I had a job interview at a salon a few weeks ago, and then a technical interview (where they watch me do haircuts) a week ago today. It all sounded really good, they said they liked me, blah blah blah.

So I basically thought I was set. The lady told me to expect a call by Thursday to hear if I got the job or not. Last Thursday. So here it is, almost a week later. I've been calling every other day or so to talk to the manager I interviewed with, and she hasn't been there. I don't know if that is BS or what, but today I finally asked when she would be in. She's supposed to be there tomorrow 8-2 (which I think, legally, they weren't supposed to tell me. Woops). I'll be calling tomorrow. If she 'isn't there' I'll just assume that she's blowing me off. I've left a few messages with my name asking her to call me back. If after that she doesn't call me, and if she 'isn't there' when I was told she would be, I think I'll have to give up.

This is so frustrating. I seriously thought I had this job. Why am I so unemployable?

So please keep me in your thoughts. I need a job so badly.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're having such crappy luck with finding a job. It sure sounds like it's been a tough market since the recession started. Try and view this in a positive light, if they're going to be so unreliable then you probably don't want to work for them anyway- I mean who wants to deal with that kind of thing on a daily basis? I hope you find something soon.

    ReplyDelete