December 6, 2009

Home... yet not.

August 24, a few minutes before 1 in the afternoon, I got the most amazing text.
Steve was coming home! I couldn't believe it. He had asked the guys in charge (I really need to learn the terms) if he could take leave and they said yes. He only took the time to throw a few things in his backpack, and he was on the road. He drove straight through for 27 hours, only stopping to nap for about an hour. He's so crazy.



He thought he would get here mid afternoon. I spent the entire day at school waiting…

And waiting…

And waiting…

Anyway, he got here around 7 o'clock. It was so exciting
By the time he got here, he was so tired, he practically fell asleep at I-hop. He’s so adorable. The car he drove down, he bought up at the base, and it is his first car. It was weird to see him driving his own car! Add to that his ABU's and boots... I'm hopeless. He's adorable.

So he got here on Tuesday, and we spent the week just hanging out. Not doing much but being together. That weekend, we drove down to Tucson to visit his family. His mom, step dad, and sister live there. His dad drove over from New Mexico, which was really cool. The first day there, we went to the water park, and of course I got sunburned. Shocking? No.
We had a little dinner down there, with friends of his mom and step dad. It was pretty cool, because the guy was in the AF. I always find it so interesting talking to people that are in the military. They’d been through what Steve had been through. Their wives or girlfriends had been through the same as me. Anyway…
We didn’t do much while he was here. Mostly just hanging out. We did go on a date, and spent obscene amounts of money on sushi. Yum. We got so many different things. Steve loves sushi. I had never tried much, so it was fun to try new things. Squid… is strange.


We decided that I would drive up with him, and then fly home. Finally, we got to do a road trip. My grandparents, aunt’s, uncle, and cousin’s all live in Montana, so we decided to stop by there on the way up. It took us two days to get there. We went up through Utah and Idaho, and stopped in Idaho Falls the first night.
 

Here is Steve driving. This was about when I woke up. Do you see how bright it is outside? I sleep like a baby in the car.


Kanab UT


 

I swear, driving through Utah feels never ending. We made it through with a lot of Katy Perry and Lady Gaga. My boyfriend really does love me. :)

When Steve is on vacation, he doesn't shave. I think it's funny. It's like the one time he can rebel from the Air Force. Shaving? Heck no! Take that military! What now??!!?












 
Here's Steve showing what a big tough man he is.
 
 
I'm not making fun of him... Not at all.













While we were in Montana, after lots of family time, we took an afternoon for me to show Steve around. I took hum to the Bitterroot River, which was freezing cold and gorgeous.









Then we went up to Missoula, and watched a minor league baseball game, walked around downtown, played on railroad tracks (no longer in use, don't worry), and just messed around.
Oh, and of course Steve found a skatepark.









So I realize that it is December. Yes, we did take this trip in early September. I am a slacker and I admit it. But I still am going to have to do a seperate post about the part of our trip after we left Hamilton on our way to North Dakota. It was a lot of fun, but that post will have a few more feelings involved. Because who else better to whine to than the internet?

No comments:

Post a Comment