September 5, 2010
What cooking does for me.
Please don't judge me for my cellphone picture. ;)
I love cooking. I love baking. I just love being in the kitchen. I love putting all the steps together, and coming up with something delicious. Cooking is therapeutic for me. It makes me feel calm and happy.
So, I think I'm going to start posting more food. Recipes I've made, all that stuff. Maybe eventually I'll start a separate blog just for food. We'll see.
And to start off, I made taco salad tonight. It was the best taco salad I'd ever had. So I guess I'll put the recipe here, even though I sort of winged everything. I'll make it for two people, since I made enough to have it for lunch tomorrow, aside from the shell.
Shells:
2 flour torillas
cooking spray or olive oil
Taco filling:
1/2 lb ground turkey
1 cup rice, cooked
1 can of black beans
1 T cumin
salt and pepper
Salad:
Romain lettuce
1 avocado
1/2 cup shredded cheese
Salsa
Optional, dressing
Heat oven to 400. Slightly warm the tortillas in the microwave, about 10 seconds. Turn two ramekins upside down on a baking sheet, and spray with cooking spray. Lay tortillas over ramekins and spray the top. Bake for about 10 minutes or until brown.
Brown turkey. Add garlic, cook another 2-3 minutes. Mix in rice, beans, and seasoning. Set aside. If you are going to be using dressing, toss that with lettuce, and add to taco bowls. I used a little bit of a garlic dressing. Top lettuce with meat mixture, and add whatever toppings you'd like.
So good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
omg i love taco salad.
ReplyDeleteI love cooking too! I love food in general :) I will have to try this sometime - thanks for the recipe :)
ReplyDeletewww.life-itssomethingbeautiful.blogspot.com