September 26, 2010

Going backwards to go forward.

 I'm sure my title makes little to no sense. That might be because it is 4:45am and I haven't gone to bed yet. As I've mentioned, I recently moved. Yes, at 20 years old, I just now moved out of my parents' house. And yes, I made the huge leap, and am now living with my sister and her husband.

I'm refinishing a bunch of stuff to pull together my room. I'll do a post on that later, once I actually finish a project. In the midst of all this moving, I've been making multiple trips trying to get all of my things from my parents' house. I finally found a few boxes I was looking for, which had a lot of the stuff I saved from my childhood.


When I got to the box with old toys, I was surprised that I remembered all of it. The first picture shows some of my baby doll clothes. I loved dolls. Everything in the first picture is special though, because my grandma made it. The big blanket on the bottom matches the diaper bag. She also made matching outfits for me! My sister always got similar items, but usually in different colors. My grandma is BA. (If you don't know Caitlin-speak, that means badass. Don't tell her I said that though. I don't say stuff like that in front of her.)


And then I found some of my Barbie clothes. There was a gallon sized ziploc bag stuffed full of clothes. The sad thing is, I know I have a ton more somewhere else, in addition to a bunch more Barbies. As you can see, Rex didn't really know what to thing. Maybe it was the butchered 80's style bangs my sister or I gave the doll.


Bonus shot: one of many mermaid outfits we had. I have no idea why we had so many. Also! Multiple gymnastics outfits.


Some things I didn't see- My scuba diving Barbie, my sleeping Barbie, whose eyes 'closed' with warm (or cold?) water, my Ken who grows a beard with warm water, and "shaves" with cold water, my Barbie salon furniture, my stove, and OH MY GOODNESS the memories are flying back. I had way too much stuff.

I even had a 'candy shop' that molded Bubble Yum into different shapes. Oy.

Bonus story time... I had a Pocahontas Barbie that came with a bunch of accessories, including a fish. I cooked that fish over a lamp. That went well. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment