August 11, 2010

Let's talk Steven.

So I just realized, I haven't talked about Steve much lately. Usually I can't shut up about the guy.

Well, first let's talk about what he's been up to. He went TDY to Guam at the beginning of June. From what I've always heard was that those last weeks, or maybe a month or two. Wellll, Steve will be there until November. The way he explained it to me was that he will most likely be there 179 days, because at 180 days it is considered a tour of duty. He said he probably wouldn't leave any earlier, because they want him there the max time. He also said that even if he did go over the 179 days, they could say "Hey, jk, no TOD, but here's a pin."

Oh how I love the Air Force.

So right now, I'll most likely see Steve in less than 100 days. I'll get to see him after not seeing him for over a year. I am so excited.

And then it'll all go away, because he'll be leaving for Korea for a year. I keep begging him to just let me go with him, and we'll do the two year thing. For some reason he thinks that's a bad idea. Heh.

So back to Guam. Steve was excited to travel. That was a big part of why he wanted to be in the AF.

Here's something about Steve. He changes his mind more than anyone I know. He always likes something different, wants something different, is going to do something different. Sometimes I joke that I'm the only thing he's liked for a significant amount of time. So, because of his mind changing, he decided he's tired of being on an island. He hates palm trees. He doesn't like the beach. He misses North Dakota.

I had to remind him that he had a long list of reasons why he hated North Dakota, and how he said he would never go back. Hmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Eww. WHY would he miss it here?! Ok, you need to tell him (if he doesn't read this on his own) that it has been HUMID as hell here for the last month. That they sprayed the bug killer for the fair and it only lasted a week so you get eaten up by the insects the second (LITERALLY) you walk outside, I kid you not I get at least 3 every time I go out. That we had a murder in town recently. That the base is doing the huge yearly inspection and everyone that is directly involved is on 12's for the next week- including weekend. That there is no sun, but tons of lightening, thunder, rain, and tornado watches. Oh yes, he should *totally* be missing it here. HA!

    ReplyDelete