I've been cooking a lot lately. There is something so therapeutic about it for me. It calms me. It's comforting. It keeps my mind off of everything else.
Mostly what I love is baking. I love to bake. Cookies, cakes, brownies, bread- anything really. It's funny, a big part of what I like about cooking is the order of it. You have to do the steps right. You have to measure right. Strangely though, another thing I like about it is tweaking the recipe. It is very common for me to change something. For example, last night I made zucchini muffins, but instead of cinnamon, I used cocoa powder, and then drizzled chocolate on top. Not a huge change, but it made it mine.
I guess that says a lot about how I am about most things. I tend to change things in some way that fits me more. I'd rather change other things than change myself. That can be a good thing or a bad thing. But it's me.
No comments:
Post a Comment