June 7, 2010

As usual, I've calmed down.

Ok. I knew that I needed a few days to breathe before I logically explained this. We're going bullet points, because I like it that way.
  • Steve is in Guam until November. As much as I miss him, this is really cool. He loves it there already. He hasn't gotten into a set shift yet, so we haven't figured out times to talk. This is the longest we've gone without talking since BMT. I haven't talked to him since the 1st. We've emailed and Facebook'd, which is good. I'm waiting to see pictures, which I might post on here.Anyway, I'm not staying on point.
  • After Steve leaves Guam, he'll go back to Minot until December. So he has about a month off. I'm definately hoping to go up there, and I'll be there as long as we can afford. We don't know if he can come here, but if he can that would be really cool. It's always nice having him here, because we can just hang out at the house all day and he can see his family and friends and all that.
  • So mid-December, he'll go to Korea and be there for a year. I have no idea if he'll get time off or get to visit, or if I can go there, I really don't know. Again, this is good because he gets to travel and because that's a year longer of saving money that we get before I move wherever.
  • Also, I probably will never have to live in Minot (bonus!).
  • I'm not fully trusting this, because everytime I get my hopes up things change. BUT, they are telling Steve he gets to pick his next station after Korea. We're either thinking Colorado, Phoenix, or Tucson, because that will keep us around family, or going all out for Hawaii. He said something about Japan, but I'm choosing to ignore him about that. Well, it might be cool, but I'm pretty down with the US for now.
  • I'm trying REALLY hard to keep looking at the good sides of this. I'm learning it from Steve, because he has the ability to find the good in everything. Funny thing, he'll complain about stuff when it just affects him, but if it affects me, he makes it seem better. :P
  • I know I can do this, because I read so many blogs of other military spouses/significant others/etc that make it through long times apart. It's just so hard! I'm not worried that I can't handle it, I'm not worried that we won't last through it, I just would rather not. Duh. :)

So I'm at the library with 18 minutes left on the computer, and I REALLY have to pee, so I can't really focus on this post anymore. Next time I update, I'll try to get pictures up from when my aunt and cousins were here. It involves jumping off of cliffs and whatnot.

3 comments:

  1. None of it is fun or easy but it is totally worth it in the end...you can do it : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I have also heard that if someone accepts an unaccompanied tour in Korea, they DO get to choose their next duty station. So maybe it really is true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you never have to live in North Dakota I would definitely say that that is a HUGE plus. Because trust me, you never want to live here. Lol.

    ReplyDelete