April 8, 2010

Waiting.

So things are happening. I'm not sure what it's going to be yet though. Basically, military relationships are really, really hard. They take a lot of work, and sometimes things fall apart a little.

I have not seen the love of my life in over 7 months.

I understand that a lot of people go through this with deployments, and I'm not down playing anyones experience. This is about me, and I'm sorry if I make anyone feel like what you went through was less. I've never been through a deployment before, I have no idea what it is like. But this is what I HAVE been through.

I fell super duper ridiculously in love with a guy when I was 16.
The love of my life decided to go be a super hero in the Air Force.
I didn't see him for two months, and I felt like it was the worst thing.
I got to see him for four awesome days.
Then I got to go another three months without seeing him.
And then another four months.
And now seven months.

I'm not married to him, so it isn't as easy for us to be together. First I waited for almost 5 months to find out where he would be stationed. Then we decided I needed to go to school here, we couldn't afford for me to do it there, I couldn't work and go to school full time. So I started school here and was stuck for a year. Now that I'm done with school, he'll be on a TDY for at least 5 months. So much of our relationship has been waiting.

There are things that have happend that I don't ever want to talk about again, to anyone. There have been some really hard times. Sometimes Steve tells me that he doesn't understand how this is worth it to me, with him away so much. I don't see how he can question that. I love him more than anything

It is so worth it.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I totally understand. Matt and I met in high school, I was 15, he was 18. We had only been dating seven months before he went to bootcamp for 13 weeks. Then we got ten days leave. Then he left again for a few months. 30 days leave. Then he spent 2 YEARS in Japan. We got married when he came home, he left a month and a half later to go to Iraq for seven months. We spent a good chunk of time together, finally but when he re-enlisted in the Reserves, it started all over again. My daughter is turning one years old this month and he's really only spent maybe two months of her life with her, all together.

    Military life is hard. You're right, but if you really believe it's worth it, fight for it because if you guys can make it through all this, there's nothing that could tear you apart.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you find the love of your life, you will wait for him for years. Those hellos and reunions make it all worth while : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never apologize for missing your man! Being apart stinks, no matter how long or short it is. But yes, in the end, even those few days at a time make it worth it. And when you get together again, somehow all that time in between just disappears like magic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there... all will be well in the end, trust me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry girl. But, like Mrs Muffins said, if you REALLY think its worth it, FIGHT for it. With everything you have.

    ReplyDelete